Children face such big challenges and can be influenced by so many mediums today.
Having worked within schools and pre schools, I’ve witnessed a growing need for Mental Health support for not only the children, but their parents and the staff that are teaching them to.
This environment seems to be a confusing, challenging and stressful one at times, for all those sitting under the school roof. This is where I can help and the main reason I started my route in to Mental Health.
2 hours £210 per workshop
Year 6 have SATS and the excitement and fear of moving up to year 7. I can develop bespoke workshops for your school talking about
- How SATS work
- Tests and exams they will face during their life at High School (with a motivational spin)
- Making new friends
- Meeting their teachers and first impressions
- Daunting things: finding the way around a new school, where is the toilet??!!!
- Big kids!
- What if I don’t like it?
- Longing to return to the safety of what they previously knew and how they deal with this.
- Clubs and opportunities that will open up to me
Delivered to the whole year and broken down into workshops following presentation for any of those pupils who require extra help.
Being yourself Workshop
2 hours £200 per workshop
Children find it hard sometimes to know where they actually fit in and how important it is for them to keep their identity, we can explore this as a group,
- What does the word different mean?
- What does it mean to be you?
- What is the definition of a bully? The word bully gets banded around a lot but do children actually understand the term bully?
- How do they deal with confrontation?
- How do you show kindness?
- Am I in control? What does control mean and is it always a good thing?
- How do you recognise those who are struggling ?
- How do I talk to grown ups about my issues?
- Social media and staying safe.
This can be delivered at primary and high school level, with the elder age range we discuss fitting in outside the security of the school and starting out in a very new world and making the right decisions.
Am I coping? Workshops/Presentations
Assembly time £50, top line material
1 hour session £100
Workshop 2 hours £200
Delivered to year 11 and 13 students, GCSE and A Level years.
- Coping strategies for studying, and taking the exams
- Procrastination is not my friend!
- Can I still socialise whilst studying?
- Music helps me study……umm……..social media
- Dealing with the mixed emotions and how I feel about embarking on a new chapter
- Finding out what sort of learner you are: feel, see, hear
- Mental health for 16-24
- What help is out there
- Do I need pills to help me cope? What are coping strategies?
- Dealing with my family
- Dealing with my friends
- Taking help when it’s given
- Most importantly being you and smiling
These workshops can be delivered to small groups or in a presentation format to whole school years, with a view to delivering to smaller groups following any concerns a student may have having listened to the presentation.
Delivered and explored in two workshops both 2 hours long £350
- Open forum – discuss what constraints teachers are facing day to day?
- Everyone is different, how do you as colleagues cope individually with these constraints?
- What can we share and learn from each other?
- What training and support do you need in order to achieve what is expected?
- Is what your want to achieve realistic?
- Knowing how to say “NO!”
- Coping strategies
- What is an effective team?
- What motivates you?
- What works what doesn’t?
- Getting it off your chest!
- Dealing with angry children – 1 hour session
- Dealing with loss – 2 hour session
- Coping strategies for anxious and worried children – 1 hour session
- Terrible twos aren’t so terrible! – 1 hour session
- Dealing with teenagers – 1 hour session
- Dealing with children taking exams – 2 hour session
- Mental Health workshop focusing on the 16-24 age group – 2 hour session